The Kalfany company (now Kalfany Suesse Werbung GmbH & Co. KG) was founded in 1948 by Karl Berger and his wife Franziska ("Fanny") Berger. The company name KALFANY is derived from their forenames.
New production facility in Munich-Allach
First step to industrial production.
The first candy in a tin
The former Kalfany Bonbon GmbH & Co. KG is the first German manufacturer of tinned candies.
Move to Müllheim
Kalfany Bonbon GmbH & Co. KG moved from Munich to Müllheim in the Black Forest.
The Zertus consortium acquires Kalfany
The Hamburg-based Zertus Group acquires Kalfany Bonbon GmbH & Co. KG.
Acquisition of the Pulmoll brand and IFS certification
Zertus acquires the brand „Pulmoll“ and the Dutch brand „Diele“, which is considered to be an ideal complement to the Kalfany range.
With the acquisition of Pulmoll, Kalfany Bonbon GmbH becomes the largest manufacturer of tinned candies in Europe overnight. The decision in favour of the Müllheim location meant working flat out on the integration of the production facilities at the Müllheim plant. This required extending the factory to create the capacity necessary for manufacturing candies.
Acquisition „Cupper Sport-Bonbons“
Continuous expansion of the brand portfolio. Exclusive licensed product with canned candy in the respective club look.
Fusion with Suesse Werbung GmbH
The Zertus Group acquires the company Suesse Werbung GmbH, the innovative partner for specific promotional confectionery. The fusion of Kalfany Bonbon GmbH & Co. KG and Suesse Werbung GmbH creates Kalfany Suesse Werbung GmbH & Co. KG in its current form.
Takeover „Echt Sylter Brisen Klömbjes“
Leading exporter and Europe's largest manufacturer of tinned candies.
Meanwhile, more than two-thirds of all the tinned candies sold in Germany are produced by Kalfany Suesse Werbung GmbH & Co. KG.
Over 250 employees use the latest technology to manufacture fruit drops and cough lozenges for the national and international markets, exporting them to over 50 countries worldwide.